MS Excel "AND" Function
The AND function in MS Excel is a standard predefined function, which returns "True" or "False" based on the logical conditions given to the function command.
=AND([logical1], [logical2], …)
where [locigal1],[locigal2] are the conditions and this function can take two or more conditions.
Conditions that can be checked in AND function:
- If a number is greater than another number >
- If a number is smaller than another number <
- If a number or text is equal to something =
As evident from the syntax and conditions, it is a comparison based function type. Hence, you can use it wherever you need to filter out data sets based on a logical comparison.
Let’s discuss an example on how to use the AND function,
- Select cell D2
- Type =AND, to activate the function
- Double-click the AND command from the drop-down
- Press the Tab key on the keyboard
- Type "("
- Give the first condition B2="P1"
- Type ,
- Give the second condition C2>500
- Press Enter Key on the keyboard
- Repeat the same for all the subsequent rows
- Now each row will have the output result of the "AND" functions
Admin | Oct 02,2023
How can we help you?
Not clear how and where to start your Digital Marketing journey? Connect with one of our experts.
Best Marketing Script
Let us create the best marketing plan there can be your business